Sunday 16 August 2009

stitches away your worries








This little bag above was given to me by my grandma, it is a constant source of inspiration, it is so beautifully stitched and perfectly composed.This little bag sits on my bench in my studio it has the occasional night out on the town, but most of the time it can be found in my inspiration corner. There are some sources of inspiration that you never tire from looking at, every time you see a new little detail or wonder, this bag is one of them. I have stitched my way around the world in airports, on planes, the paddy fields of Cambodia. Stitching has saved me, made me friends all over the world, crossed language barriers and taught me much about the human need to create and make.
I have been hand embroidering some little evening bags made from Cambodian silk that I found on my travels. I love green and pink together they are delicious and remind me in particular of some of my favourite Patrick Heron and Graham Sutherland' s paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment