Thursday 30 June 2011

new love




This machine is the new love of my life. Found at the bottom of a lake in poor shape it was rescued by me with the hope that I could chuck in my gym membership and get on my bike.
With some intrepidation as I took the bike wreck into the bike shop surrounded by new spangly machines gleaming and ready to take you anywhere. I slowly wheeled this old timer in fear I maybe laughed out of the shop. But no! the two lovely boys at Rotec cycles Simon and Ben took the bike under their wing and fixed me up a bike that I love. So then it wasn't only new wheels and the basics a whole new world appeared before me. I joined the realms of pimp my bike with my amazing ding dong bell and basket. It is a joy riding around on this 70 year old machine, smelling the honeysuckle wafting through the air and dodging potholes. I have not yet mastered the art of riding your bike Milanese style with your 6 inch heels. But will endeavour for glam nights out. I am the master at receiving parking tickets so this is a big two fingers up to the delightful traffic wardens in my neck of the woods. Their bonuses are done for I am on my bike.

1 comment:

  1. love it. i think u have indeed mastered the milanese art of riding a bike in heels, hope u were wearing sunglasses too xxx

    ReplyDelete