Saturday 2 January 2010

running about like headless chickens




"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens.
" Grandma Moses

Been running around drawing chickens today and a randy rooster called Derek. They are such interesting creatures, they kept on the move for a good hour, scratching, pecking, making the most delightful noises and dodging Derek.
I sat, stood and froze whilst drawing with stick and ink. I made this cushion from some drawings and want to create a whole series of them and through the chicken shit and claw marks I will try to decipher some of the little illustrations I made and transfer them into stitch.
Are they hens or chickens? What's the difference? Excuse my ignorance.
These were all real free rangers, a lovely hour running around with chickens with their heads on.
Take a sneaky peek at my shop
www.patchworkbutterfly.folksy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment