Friday 9 October 2009

I am a fraudster



Bamboo graffiti and the stunning blue of the garden.

I am a fraudster. I have been going to the lovely Outcasts Knit night and fraudulently sewing whilst everybody else is knitting the most beautiful things. It's a whole language I don't understand and doubt I ever will. I am not very logical and can't follow instructions. I am one of those people who read the end first or not at all. So I really felt a bit of a fraudster there on Wednesday night stitching a Vietnamese Miner bird in a cage.Those miner birds really made me laugh when we were walking around Vietnam, they were everywhere in the shops spouting Miner bird Vietnamese.
I am rambling! Whilst I was at knit night we started talking about Morocco and the Jardin Majorelle, which is the wonderful garden of Yves St Laurent. It is more exquisite than you can imagine. Jaques majorelle designed the garden and then Yves st Laurent and Pierre Berge the artist restored the garden to it's former glory. It is a truly tranquil space full of rare and beautiful plants, architectural forms, all set off by the stunning cobalt blue buildings. It is so beautiful, you just want your magic carpet to fly you there to be captivated by the light and quietude and away form our grey skies.

1 comment: